ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - William and Mary

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

like Spiders OL Joe More said yesterday, the players coaches and fans have received what we were hoping for since August...meaningful football in late November...

and what could be better than a Championship game between the Spiders and Indians to celebrate the historic rivalry?...if the game lives up to expectations it might remind UR fans of those two unforgettable games in 2008 and 2009...

the Spiders have been playing Championship sudden death games for what seems like weeks...in each win the team has found some way to keep the Championship roll going...I like the squads leadership, character, toughness and confidence...the intensity we see at The Brick House on Saturday may should be higher than anything we have seen in years...

The game will be the Spiders ultimate test against another squad that has also enjoyed a renaissance of their program...but as a great Spider fan and good friend likes to say I expect the Spiders will have "just enough" to win the Championship they have earned!

Enjoy this final regular season Prologue...for the first time in year's I'm looking forward to a post Thanksgiving episode!

Beat William and Mary!

Go Spiders!

Got to love this comment by a Tribelet fan:

That being said, Richmond has owned the Tribe in these type of matchups the last 20 years. So many times the Tribe has been in a win and in scenario only to lose to the Spiders...

Reactions: urfan1
Got to love this comment by a Tribelet fan:

That being said, Richmond has owned the Tribe in these type of matchups the last 20 years. So many times the Tribe has been in a win and in scenario only to lose to the Spiders...

Gonna break their hearts again.

Did anyone notice the cut to the East Stands at Old UR Stadium. It was packed. If memory serves the East Stands held 10,500 people. Attendance for that game was 17k plus. We'll be lucky to get 7k tomorrow.

Did anyone notice the cut to the East Stands at Old UR Stadium. It was packed. If memory serves the East Stands held 10,500 people. Attendance for that game was 17k plus. We'll be lucky to get 7k tomorrow.
The game is sold out. So that's 8700.

Wasn't that also the scheduled last regular-season game at City Stadium? There was no guarantee we'd get a home playoff game.

Nothing to lose by trying more passes in that scenario - didn't understand that at all with 3 timeouts to use.................

Reactions: Under Center
Why is Russ even on the coaching staff. Has absolved himself of all responsibility other than making idiotic decisions about going for it on 4th down or not trying to score at the end of the half. Great adjustments at half time but he will just point to his coaches.

It’s embarrassing to be a fan of this team right now. #FIREHUESMAN. He’a a loser and always will be. Not ready for the big leagues baby.

GG Tribe. WM was clearly the bigger stronger and faster team if you look on the field. Our white flag waiving at the end of both halves was embarrassing, almost like our coaching staff gave up or was out of ideas and was just ready for the playoffs as if a bye week and top 8 seed wasn’t at stake. All we had to do was keep the game close and let London screw it up for them.

Tribe are legit national contenders if you ask me. They have the size and speed to overcome London’s game management, much like we did back in 08. He has assembled a talented squad down there.

I expect them to make a run. As for us, blown opportunity and deflating because we don’t get a bye now and already aren’t deep. It’s important for us to get out to big leads.

Wont be surprised if we are in the Tribes regional.

Solid regular season. Hope this @$$whooping serves as motivation for next weeks game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32counter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT