ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - Stony Brook

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

CAA openers have been a anxious time for Spiders fans in recent years...we have not won a CAA opener since 2015!...some things are very similar again this year...the team's 2-1 and going into the conference opener with momentum...many fans are optimistic and hopeful...I'm one of them

will we get crushed again this year?...to me it seems a little different...our offense has been consistently impressive in all three games...our "work in progress" defense has been getting better each week...Coach Huesman and the players seem more confident...

Spiders nemesis Stony Brook won't make Richmond's job of reversing recent history easy...they've beaten us four of our last five meetings...I expect we'll get their best game...but if this really is a different Spiders team we find a way to win this opening CAA game...getting to the six CAA wins needed to fight for the Championship requires defeating the Wolves, a probable double digit underdog...

Saturday at The Brick House will be a perfect opportunity for this team to begin building its own different history...

enjoy the Prologue...

Go Spiders!

That was the most dominating performance in a long time by the Spiders. You typically don't get CAA games that lopsided. Stony has QB issues, but they are still a physical CAA team that the Spiders totally dominated. In years past Stony has run all over us, and that didn't happen this year. I do have some concern that we really couldn't run the ball at all but Udinski is really good and very accurate. A couple missed tackles on D, but over all really solid. D line played well. Keep it rolling Spiders!

Did I see SB was down to their sixth-string RB with three guys already out and two more getting injured yesterday?

Did I see SB was down to their sixth-string RB with three guys already out and two more getting injured yesterday?
Yep. And they played 3 Qbs, I believe, none of whom could accurately throw. We should have had several more pics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT