ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - St. Francis PA

I would run the QB draw on Huesman every 3 plays. He has no awareness of it and teaches no defense for it.

Banks saves Huesman’s ass. Richmond snatched victory from sure defeat with Banks’ pick six with 1:30 remaining.
Spiders beat STFU 31-21 despite poor coaching and decision making.

Hard to be too excited but it’s a win. After so many losses I’ll enjoy all the wins.

i have zero faith we would hire a better coach than RH.

Reactions: SpiderK
We have now won five games in a row against FCS competition over the past two seasons, with a road win over our historical rival, and a four-TD blowout of the former savior of our program.

Clearly we are trending in the wrong direction. This cannot continue.

What a day for the Sun Belt - Appy St & Marshall both with top 10 wins. I guess Keith Gill is doing something right.

we had a chris Mooney special today - letting a team with less funding hang around way too long but ultimately taking care of business. We got the win which is what is most important but not the only thing. We need to cruise to some wins to position for the playoffs. Hopefully we can improve every week.

Bad habits:

1st Q
2nd and 1 at SFU35No Huddle-Shotgun Dykes,Aaron rush middle for 0 yards to the SFU35 (Mami,Marcel).
3rd and 1 at SFU35No Huddle-Shotgun Udinski,Reece pass incomplete short middle to Henley,Leroy broken up by Galloway,Kerry.
4th and 1 at SFU35No Huddle-Shotgun Dykes,Aaron rush middle for 0 yards to the SFU 35

2Q

1st and 10 at SFU19No Huddle-Shotgun Udinski,Reece rush left for 17 yards gain to the SFU02 fumbled by Udinski,Reece at SFU02 forced by Reddick,Gregory recovered by SFU Marks,Kendal at SFU02, End Of Play.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo-spider
Well, this same opponent should have beaten an FBS team last week, so us being favored by 19 was kind of ridiculous to begin with. But if Udinski doesn't fumble at the 2, we almost would have done that anyway.

One thing I could not figure out: after that fumble, they ran one play and I think we called timeout. There were about 12 seconds left and we still had 2 more timeouts. But we let them run one more play and didn't call either of them.

Why not? Why wouldn't you force them to run two more plays from inside their own 5? Maybe they fumble and we get the ball, or recover it in the endzone, or maybe we get a safety. What am I missing here?

Well, this same opponent should have beaten an FBS team last week, so us being favored by 19 was kind of ridiculous to begin with. But if Udinski doesn't fumble at the 2, we almost would have done that anyway.

One thing I could not figure out: after that fumble, they ran one play and I think we called timeout. There were about 12 seconds left and we still had 2 more timeouts. But we let them run one more play and didn't call either of them.

Why not? Why wouldn't you force them to run two more plays from inside their own 5? Maybe they fumble and we get the ball, or recover it in the endzone, or maybe we get a safety. What am I missing here?
We had 2 timeouts remaining when Udinski fumbled on the Flash 2yd line.

I knew we had just called one around that time somewhere, but regardless, why did we not use those last two?

You are not the only one who wanted us to do everything conceivable to score a safety in that scenario......which fwiw is my favorite play in football because it gives the D another way to score in addition to fumble recoveries and pass interceptions. Also D can score on blocked punts/kicks.....................

Last edited:
Reactions: Eight Legger
I'm willing to give this team a few games to gel. New players, OC, ect. As long as we win, I'm good. I think the offense will improve as the season goes along. We just can't afford to lose games to St. Fran, Lehigh, ect. We were good enough to win yeaterday.

Reactions: urfan1
With the looks of the crowd last night and the 5 or 6 fans commenting here, it seems not many give a crap anyway.

I remember when Cosh was hired from VMI everybody loved his offense and was thrilled we'd be doing something different.

Now it's taken two games and some of you are already ripping him for doing the exact same thing he did to get hired in the first place, which you loved at the time.

Why would anyone ever want to be a coach?

Reactions: whampas
I remember when Cosh was hired from VMI everybody loved his offense and was thrilled we'd be doing something different.

Now it's taken two games and some of you are already ripping him for doing the exact same thing he did to get hired in the first place, which you loved at the time.

Why would anyone ever want to be a coach?
This offense inspires confidence. The future is ... looking good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT