ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - New Hampshire

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

I've been hopeful since preseason that the Spiders would play a game like this one in November...it's been six long years since The Brick House has hosted a November game with CAA Championship implications...

as many have mentioned previously the program has lost a lot of fans, interest and enthusiasm since 2016...I hope what appears to be classic FCS/CAA matchup Saturday begins to turn things around for the program...

Coach Huesman says the Wildcats are a team without a weakness...they'll be the best team we've faced this season, but the Spiders will be the best team they've faced...they'll settle it on the field Saturday...that's the way November football should be...I'm awful glad it's back...

as another great Spiders fan and friend often says: Saturday Richmond will do "just enough" to defeat the Wildcats!

enjoy the Prologue...

Go Spiders!

as many have mentioned previously the program has lost a lot of fans, interest and enthusiasm since 2016
My tailgate group used to be 20 to 30 with several coming to most every home game from out of state. We are down to 4 regular couples now. Sad. All still love our Spiders, but not putting out that extra effort when we are not a playoff contender.

Saturday, we are bringing the house. Put out a big outreach. Gonna see a couple of folks haven't seen in decades. Jacked. Got one Brother coming from Germany. The KE's will be loud and proud.

The season is in our hands. Believe this team will deliver. Go Spiders!

The Peanut Gang has had similar fan support since we started our decline. We have rallied a lot of our group for the game Saturday and hope to have a few new Spider fans with us for the first time.
As I have said all year, this group is improving each week and contending for the CAA Championship and a playoff spot. We will win by “just enough”
Go Spiders and Moo Daa Chains 🏈🕷🕸

when we consider $150 a season ticket,$100-150 to park, a lot of folks have cut back. although it hasn't affected basketball. SMH; and until the tournament, we pretty much stunk the place up with visions of a mooney firing.

Last edited:
when we consider $150 a ticket,$100-150 to park, a lot of folks have cut back. although it hasn't affected basketball. SMH; and until the tournament, we pretty much stunk the place up with visions of a mooney firing.
$150 for single game ticket, really?

$150 for single game ticket, really?
believe the poster may have been referring to the cost of a football season ticket...my memory comes and goes, but I believe they were $150 this year...

Beat New Hampshire!

Go Spiders!

No. 17 New Hampshire at No. 14 Richmond
This is a great opportunity for a 6-2 (6-1 vs. FCS) Richmond squad that is looking strong in the rankings but has yet to beat another currently-ranked CAA team. It plays three ranked conference foes to end the year (UNH, Delaware, and W&M). QB Reece Udinski does a great job spreading the ball around (2,287 yards, 19 TDs, three INT). Jakob Herres leads in receiving yards (642), Jasiah Williams leads in receptions (62), and Leroy Henley leads in TD receptions (six).
Their quick-passing strikes could help keep UNH star DE Josiah Silver (11 TFLs, 7.5 sacks) quiet. Plus, it’s Homecoming for the Spiders.
UNH is also 6-2 overall and 6-1 vs. the FCS. It looked great in its last game two weeks ago, beating ranked Elon 40-22. I had UNH winning earlier this week, but am changing my mind and going with Richmond. It should be another 50/50 CAA game with crazy swings in momentum, but I’ll lean toward the home squad that is 3-0 on its home turf.

Is there a place to watch? The CAA has the worst tv deals. I can’t watch Richmond women’s field hockey, swimming, and soccer on ESPN+ but I can’t watch Richmond football.

I would be there but I’m dealing with a serious back injury right now.

A TD to close the half would be great. That would cap a dominate half. 17 or 20 to 0 doesn’t feel as good as 24 to 0 when you have dominated like this.

Damn. The Hail Mary is tough to give up there. Guess can’t complain too much about being up 24-7 but damn 24-0 was feeling good.

Reactions: Under Center
How does that happen? Going off ESPN play by play: a bad kickoff, dumb penalty, give up the 1st first down of the game and then allow a 46 yd Hail Mary?

Reactions: spider3309
Tackling issues on that drive. D-line getting tired since limited to due to injuries. Need offense to take control back. Keep scoring.

Coaching staff should be embarrassed. This game has blown loss to Elon written all over it.

Team should be 6-0 in conference and very likely will end up 4-2. Blowing leads might just cost them the playoffs.

They need a TD here or UNH is going to steal one.

Coaching staff should be embarrassed. This game has blown loss to Elon written all over it.

Team should be 6-0 in conference and very likely will end up 4-2. Blowing leads might just cost them the playoffs.

They need a TD here or UNH is going to steal one.
Reminds me of 2017 blown lead against Yale….same HC, different players…hmmm

Reactions: SpiderK
He kicks the FG (right call) but I bet when UNH wins 41-40 Russ say “see I made the correct call against Elon by going for it”

Got to throw the ball on 3rd and 10.

I would rather go for the 1st down or have a chance for it on 4th and short then run for another no gain and let UNH call timeout either 1:47 left. They won’t attempt a FG from 52+.
So it probably a pooch punt and still 1:40 ish left for an attempt for the game winning drive

Reactions: SpiderK
A win is a win. But this coaching staff has a lot to think about. Almost game this game away.
Agreed, the boys again snatched this victory from the jaws of the coaching staff. The defense was nonexistent in the second half and the special teams is a still a disaster. Who is in charge of the defense and special teams? He should be fired.

ADVERTISEMENT