ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - Maine

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

before the season began optimistic and hopeful Spiders fans were hoping we'd go into game eight with a chance to play for a CAA Championship and FCS Playoff bid in November...here we are October 27 and the team has earned that chance!...but now the toughest work begins

standing between the Spiders and Championship November are the Maine Black Bears...they've played us tough in Orono and at The Brick House over the years, but it's been a good while since we faced them in a game this important...no matter how you look at this one on paper the Spiders appear to deserve the double digit favorite's role again this week...

there was no letdown in the focus and execution last week in a similar spot versus Hampton...it's hard for me to imagine the team will jeopardize the hard work it took to get to this spot with a slip up...the weather report looks perfect for football...a win Saturday qualifies us for the November CAA Championship battle!

I hope you enjoy this week's Prologue...

bring the Championship battle back to The Brick House!

Go Spiders!

56 F sunny 7mph SW kickoff.

Feeling uneasy about this game for some reason.Maine(2-5,2-2) on tape looks much better than their record.Big OL,experienced big QB with a strong arm that also likes to run.QB uses his TE often.Easily could have been 3-1 in the CAA had they made a 40 yd FG v StonyBrook with no time last weekend.

Last edited:
56 F sunny 7mph SW kickoff.

Feeling uneasy about this game for some reason.Maine(2-5,2-2) on tape looks much better than their record.Big OL,experienced big QB with a strong arm that also likes to run.Easily could have been 3-1 in the CAA had they made a 40 yd FG v StonyBrook with no time last weekend.
32 you're messing with my Spiders mojo...I was a little worried last week but the Spiders took care of business...ha! now you've got me second guessing myself...

truth is even the best of teams usually have a sloppy game somewhere along the line...I'm not sure the Spiders have had one yet, certainly not against our CAA schedule...

there're still too many reasons to believe the Spiders will take care of business Saturday...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: 32counter
32 you're messing with my Spiders mojo...I was a little worried last week but the Spiders took care of business...ha! now you've got me second guessing myself...

truth is even the best of teams usually have a sloppy game somewhere along the line...I'm not sure the Spiders have had one yet, certainly not against our CAA schedule...

there're still too many reasons to believe the Spiders will take care of business Saturday...

Go Spiders!
Obviously my overthinking blurred any semblance of rationality.It happens a lot these days….🤓🤓🤓🤓

Finally after a long drought, the Spiders are in a position to regain respect in the CAA. Saturday’s game will be no easy task but this team has shown that we belong in the mix to compete at the top. We should win Saturday and will set the stage for a run for the playoffs. I can only hope that our sole loss in the conference prepared us for these finale four games. That loss should have been a win and have us at 6-1.
As I have said all year, until this team is proven wrong with their coaching and Preformance, we have a playoff squad. Hope many will support the remaining games and come out and cheer us down the home stretch. Go Spiders 🕷

Spiders' penalties and turnovers made the game much closer than it needed to be. The good news is we won a road game from a game Maine team in spite of the sloppy play. The title is there for the taking. Time for the final push to run the table. Since Elon, 3 down 3 to go.

We were able to attend and it was fun. The refereeing looked rough from the stands but that was without the benefit of replay. It was energizing, engaging and enjoyable to have a number of Spider parents around us. They are great fans who are enthusiastic, entertaining and very knowledgeable about the game.

We were able to attend and it was fun. The refereeing looked rough from the stands but that was without the benefit of replay. It was energizing, engaging and enjoyable to have a number of Spider parents around us. They are great fans who are enthusiastic, entertaining and very knowledgeable about the game.
Wiz-

you live up there or were you looking for additional air miles.

We are Richmond based and season ticket holders. My wife likes Maine (the state) and thought it to be a good road trip. The air miles didn’t hurt.
Visiting UNH for a UR game gives easy access to southern Maine as you know.Partial to those lobster rolls(easy on the mayo) and the rugged beauty of York,Maine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT