ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Countdown - William and Mary

The Spiders' defensive unit needs to read the David Teel article in the T-D this morning. Seems the Featherless offensive linemen take great enjoyment in beating defenses into submission. I said we'd run the table after the Elon loss. 8 ball, corner pocket. Go Spiders.

The Spiders' defensive unit needs to read the David Teel article in the T-D this morning. Seems the Featherless offensive linemen take great enjoyment in beating defenses into submission. I said we'd run the table after the Elon loss. 8 ball, corner pocket. Go Spiders.
regarding submission...the Indians OL better be ready for the Spiders CAA top ranked rushing defense...they've got some attitude also...

in yesterday's media session DL Marlem Louis confidently stated "we won't let them come into our house and run it down our throats"...I believe Marlem and the remainder of the front seven will take the challenge...

Beat William and Mary!

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1 and whampas
regarding submission...the Indians OL better be ready for the Spiders CAA top ranked rushing defense...they've got some attitude also...

in yesterday's media session DL Marlem Louis confidently stated "we won't let them come into our house and run it down our throats"...I believe Marlem and the remainder of the front seven will take the challenge...

Beat William and Mary!

Go Spiders!
gotta love Marlem, wish i could like that 100 times. I hope the students show up, loud, proud AND STAY to the end.

gotta love Marlem, wish i could like that 100 times. I hope the students show up, loud, proud AND STAY to the end.

sometimes that can backfire. What did that JMU player say about us, it was like 20 years ago. Something about hitting them in mouth and they will become marshmallow soft. Can't remember exactly but along those lines. And they we went out & murdered JMU I think 21-2. Marlem's quote is more tame comparatively and not nearly as personal. But I'm sure they've still read it over at W&M. big game rivalry week everyone should be ready to go regardless.

It sure is great to have the stakes this high! We'll be in lot U8 near the business school so probably won't get over to visit. I'll be on the back of my SUV with my Mr. Heater blasting inside with a Bailey's and coffee in my gloved hand! Give my best to all. Is Moliva still active here?
Have fun tomorrow Sandy - yes, will be at the Capital Fall Soccer Classic and not the Oldest, Continuously Played Rivalry in the South... maybe see you in the Burg next year (or in two weeks in Robins Stadium or Zable).

Reactions: urfan1 and fsandyf4
sometimes that can backfire. What did that JMU player say about us, it was like 20 years ago. Something about hitting them in mouth and they will become marshmallow soft. Can't remember exactly but along those lines. And they we went out & murdered JMU I think 21-2. Marlem's quote is more tame comparatively and not nearly as personal. But I'm sure they've still read it over at W&M. big game rivalry week everyone should be ready to go regardless.
When asked about it, Marlem was responding to the W&M offensive lineman enjoying the look of defeat in the eyes of the defense when they're pounded into submission. He didn't go looking, he's just not backing down.
Go Spiders!

Reactions: spiderjpo
Have fun tomorrow Sandy - yes, will be at the Capital Fall Soccer Classic and not the Oldest, Continuously Played Rivalry in the South... maybe see you in the Burg next year (or in two weeks in Robins Stadium or Zable).
Good luck on the pitch! Maybe in two weeks!

Reactions: Mo 2.0

called us soft like pudding and brought pudding onto the field for pregame warmups. Result was a complete ass kicking.

Reactions: GKiller

Did seem to backfire. They ran all over us.

I've never seen a running back break so many tackles the way Yoder did today. Was he encased in Vaseline? He broke multiple tackles on at least half his runs, and not just guys with a hand on him but guys with their arms wrapped around him in some way. He earned it.

They've done that to everyone they've played. Wonder what motivational remarks the other teams made?
Spiders actually held them a little under their per game average in rushing yards.
One factor in game was their big pass plays, 227 yards total and 151 of it came on three passes.
They have one heck of a team, a deep run in the playoffs for them or Spiders would not be shocking.
Let's hope someone comes off the cash and makes a bid large enough Spiders are at home next weekend.

Are we sure we are in it?
Guess I should not ASSUME as they say, but we should be.
OT loss on road to likely playoff team 8-3, Competitive loss against a likely seeded team 10-1 and home win over another likely playoff team 8-3. Wins against two other teams with .500 seasons one of which entered last week of season ranked and another that was ranked when we beat them, and that team probably knocked out the ranked team, I just mentioned we beat on the road.

I think 8-3 CAA teams deserve to be in, but stranger things have happened in the past.

The bubble blew up a little this afternoon with Delaware, Montana, Mercer,
UC Davis, North Dakota losing. Couple of others I am sure I missed.
Youngstown State won five of last six and 7-4 might be enough for them, over CAA Delaware and Rhode Island both at 7-4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT