ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Countdown - Villanova

Watched the game on TV and question is did Nova totally take away our mid level and long passes?
Give credit to our OL for wearing down Nova defense. I worried in Q4 we just started getting too complacent
but give the D credit for putting the pressure on.
We don’t really throw mid level and long passes.

Who on earth invites or selects the HS bands that play for us? Can anyone explain why we had a marching band (Atlee HS) playing VCU fight songs today while the band director had a smirk on his face the entire time doing it? Inexcusable by our athletic department to allow that. Whoever made that call in the athletic department should be tarred and feathered.

Reactions: 72Spider
I felt the band sounded great, similar comments were heard from mot around me.

I felt the band sounded great, similar comments were heard from mot around me.
Band's performance was great. No complaints about how they sounded, just what they played. Just hope the admin recognizes that we shouldn't have our rivals song played during our games. I don't think that's asking too much.

Reactions: PalmTreeSpidUR
Big W! Thought we should have won by a lot more, but a quality CAA win for sure. Not sure why we are not more aggressive in passing game. Really felt like we sat on 14-10 lead in 3rd quarter. Running game was very good and we did enough to win. Well done Spiders

Reactions: urfan1
Kind of a dull game but we did what we needed to do to win. I do like the combination red/blue uniforms.
Boring is good if you win.Nova D planned against Udinski’s aerial game,so we ran the ball well.

UR had 230 yards rushing.

UR’s D shut down Nova‘s high powered offense somewhat in 1st half but mostly in 2nd half.

Nova had drives of 62 yards for a touchdown and 77 yards for a field goal in the first half but managed only 75 yards in the second half, 51 yards of that total coming on a run by TD Ayo-Durojaiye.

Yep.But boring felt good.

Last edited:
Who on earth invites or selects the HS bands that play for us? Can anyone explain why we had a marching band (Atlee HS) playing VCU fight songs today while the band director had a smirk on his face the entire time doing it? Inexcusable by our athletic department to allow that. Whoever made that call in the athletic department should be tarred and feathered.

keep on keeping on....what would you do if you couldn't complain about something. I didn't realize someone actually watched or even cared about halftime....

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT