ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Countdown - Villanova

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

Nova comes into the season as defending CAA Champion, preseason CAA Championship favorite, an FCS preseason Top 10 team and holding three straight wins over the Spiders...this is where the Richmond program used to be...

defeating the Wildcats at The Brick House on October 15 could be a big step back towards those aspirations...a Spiders win won't be easy and the game will mean much less if we do not come into it with wins and losses that reflect what many believe is our positive potential for the season...

the players and coaches have emphasized "finishing strong" during the offseason work...this fan will never forget the shocking collapse and loss to Villanova in the final nine minutes last season...I'm sure the players and coaches haven't forgotten either...this would be a great opportunity reap the rewards of their work...

this game ends a very tough opening stretch of CAA games...since 2017 we are a combined 2-10 versus Stony Brook, Elon and Villanova...turning this around to begin the season would certainly pump some energy and passion back into the program that we need badly...and put us in position to battle for a Championship in the 2nd half of the CAA schedule... just like the good ole days...

enjoy episode six of the Countdown...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
Transfers

Anthony Nelson (DL)HarvardVillanova
Daniel Abraham (LB)HarvardVillanova
Danny Damico (LB)UAlbanyVillanova

Antonio Montero (LB)RiceVillanova
Matt Mercurio (K)San Jose StateVillanova
Jonnie Pitman (DB)CharlotteVillanova

Through 5 games.

15/13 Nova (3-2,1-1):

9/2/2022LehighVillanova, Pa.W 45-17
9/10/2022at LIUBrookville, N.Y.W 38-21
9/17/2022at ArmyWest Point, N.Y.L 10-49
9/24/2022*MonmouthVillanova, Pa.L 42-49
10/1/2022*at MaineOrono, MaineW 45-20

Last edited:
Rushing:

GATTYDSLossNETYDS/CARRY
Jackson, Jalen45733403345.9
Barlee, DeeWil44028682787.0
Ayo-Durojaiye, TD547268172515.3
Watkins, Connor534260392216.5

Receiving:

GPNOYDSYDS/CATCHTDsLONGAVG/G
Hayek, Jaaron52356724.65683113.40
Boykin, Dez5720529.2926641.00
Pringle, Rayjuon51318414.1534736.80

I agree it should be… but I noticed a special promotion to bring friends. We have much better support from alumni and community for basketball. Wish it was not the case. And at 69 years old I feel like a youngster. We need to be encouraging recent grads staying in the area to engage. We have lost a lot from eliminating the volunteer portion of the Spider Club 25 to 30 years ago.

Reactions: urfan1
I agree it should be… but I noticed a special promotion to bring friends. We have much better support from alumni and community for basketball. Wish it was not the case. And at 69 years old I feel like a youngster. We need to be encouraging recent grads staying in the area to engage. We have lost a lot from eliminating the volunteer portion of the Spider Club 25 to 30 years ago.
I agree it should be and I’ll be there as I am for almost every home game but I’m afraid we will see quite a few empty seats. It’s why loses like the Elon game are so detrimental to the program. You win that one and then start generating momentum and interest from the general public. Tech and Uva are having average to bad seasons and it’s a great opportunity to grab some of those local fans who want to see good football but the team has to produce. The atmosphere and crowds at Robins Stadium have honestly been dreadful the past few seasons. We really need a nice run this year to generate some excitement.

The refs are just plain bad. Seem like they have lost control. Now a media timeout for the commish to call in some favors…

Watched the game on TV and question is did Nova totally take away our mid level and long passes?
Give credit to our OL for wearing down Nova defense. I worried in Q4 we just started getting too complacent
but give the D credit for putting the pressure on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT