ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Countdown - Stony Brook

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

CAA opener at The Brick House against an opponent that has given the Spiders fits since 2016...Coach Priore seems like an "old school" type of guy...he sounded awful confident in his CAA Media Day remarks...the Wolves bring back 25 5th and 6th year seniors...from a 2021 team that finished 3rd in CAA defense and 5th in CAA scoring...

he's got to find a QB to hand the ball to CAA Preseason Offensive Player of the Year pick RB Ty-Son Lawton...Priore says he has three QBs on his roster that can win in the CAA...it's hard to figure with all of this that the Seawolves were only picked to finish 7th in the CAA preseason poll...Coach Priore stated he confident the Seawolves can take it to the next level this season...

speaking of getting to the next level, this is the Spiders aspiration too...to get the six CAA wins we probably need, protecting The Brick House by defeating a tough bunch from Stony Brook could be critical...

enjoy Episode Four of the Countdown...

Go Spiders!

Coach Priore is a real character...looks like he could have come out of the Jim Reid school...looking forward to the CAA opener.

Go Spiders!

Transfers

Taylor Bolesta (DL)Long IslandStony Brook
Sam Howson (OL)Long IslandStony Brook

Shamel Lazarus (DB)UConnStony Brook
Eric Black (DL)BuffaloStony Brook
AJ Roberts (LB)PittStony Brook

Hate to miss the Stony Brook game, any game for that matter, but got business to take care of in New England. Will follow as best I can, but please holler extra loud for me and my Lady.

Believe this team has talent and playoff potential. Put together some good stuff last game. Keep growing! Keep winning! Go Spiders!

I have always enjoyed listening to Coach Priore...he makes "coach speak" entertaining and believable...I expect his guys will be ready for the game Saturday...hopefully our guys will be too...

Go Spiders!
If the Sopranos come back and acquire a football team for their portfolio,Coach would be a perfect typecast head coach.

BTW,his bro is the head coach at UPenn.

Reactions: mojo-spider
FYI

Stony Brook running back Ty Son Lawton, who rushed for a league-high 1,088 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2021, was named CAA Football preseason offensive player of the year. He ran 26 times for 64 yards this season, and suffered an ankle injury on the first play of last Saturday’s 20-3 loss at FBS member Massachusetts.

Stony Brook coach Chuck Priore said Lawton is “probably day to day at some perspective, but I don’t anticipate him being back with an ankle injury this weekend ... That’s the third running back we’ve lost.”

Lawton is expected to return at some stage this season. The other two suffered season-ending injuries that required surgeries.

If the Sopranos come back and acquire a football team for their portfolio,Coach would be a perfect typecast head coach.

BTW,his bro is the head coach at UPenn.

Ha! If Tony had been watching today Coach Priore might not sleep well tonight!

Congrats to the Spiders for turning the tables on the Seawolves!

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT