ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Countdown - St. Francis PA

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

the Red Flash gave us all we wanted and more in the sole meeting between the squads in 2018...you may recall we had to out score them 23-7 in the final quarter to get the win...this was a pretty powerful sign that the 2018 season was going to be challenging...

but you know what?...this is 2022 and I'm optimistic we have a better squad that will play well against this NEC foe...this is the type of game we need to win convincingly if we want to cross that "fine line" from okay (6-5) to a CAA and FCS Playoff contender...

St. Francis Head Coach Chris Villarrial is an impressive guy...it will be a much bigger game for the Red Flash than the Spiders...I expect he will have them ready...I'm looking forward to seeing our new offensive scheme and personnel at The Brick House!

can you remember who scored the final TD in the Spiders 35-27 win versus the Red Flash in 2018?

enjoy Episode Two of the Opponents Countdown...

Go Spiders!

can you remember who scored the final TD in the Spiders 35-27 win versus the Red Flash in 2018?

it was #36 DL Maurice Jackson playing on kick-off special team who rambled, stumbled and made it to the end zone for the TD with the Red Flash lateral

I can't recall for sure, but the play may have made ESPN's Top Ten plays for that Thursday night...

check out the last few seconds of this highlights video for Jackson's romp...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: CarolinaSpider

it was #36 DL Maurice Jackson playing on kick-off special team who rambled, stumbled and made it to the end zone for the TD with the Red Flash lateral

I can't recall for sure, but the play may have made ESPN's Top Ten plays for that Thursday night...

check out the last few seconds of this highlights video for Jackson's romp...

Go Spiders!

I believe that game was played on a Thursday at St Francis after an 8 hour ride to Loretto.Bus driver got lost.
We got off the bus,played the game(kickoff 5pm) and got back on the bus to return to UR.Russ was adamant to play this game.Otherwise,we’d be down to 10 games.St Francis was not intending to drive to Richmond and then back to Loretto in a hurricane on Friday/Saturday.

Hurricane Florence caused a change in date(move up to Thursday from Saturday) and venue(UR to Loretto) for that game.Left me stranded in Richmond for 3 days unable to drive back to FL.Flooding had shut down much of I-95 in NC and SC.

Last edited:
Saw game.Francis is vastly improved.Bigger,faster,excellent QBs(starter invited to recent Manning camp).Catholics let game get away.They had the Zips by the throat.Francis had 436 yds v Zips.

Our spread will be tight.Maybe 6.

Last edited:
Went to Akron to prove something too. Trusting they get the same result at the Brickhouse.

However , they are a worthy opponent not to be taken lightly.

Reactions: urfan1
Zips Head Coach postgame

SFU starters

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT