ADVERTISEMENT

2022 FCS Attendance Leaders

The stadium's not too small if the only time you sell it out is when the opposing fans down the road buy half the tickets.

Reactions: urfan1
Our stadium is perfectly sized. It was just built foolishly, leaving the track in place and needlessly keeping everyone an extra 20-30 yards away from the field.

But we've been over that before.

Well, I think we’re drawing more than we did at City Stadium.
I wonder how many people actually show up for games?
My recollection is different. At City Stadium we drew more unaffiliated fans and I can recall many crowds exceeding Ribuns Stadiums capacity.

We were typically averaging 6–7,000 in our last few years at the old stadium as well. But there were certainly individual games like W&M where we would sometimes draw much more.

We were typically averaging 6–7,000 in our last few years at the old stadium as well. But there were certainly individual games like W&M where we would sometimes draw much more.
And for this alum, games back on campus are much more enjoyable than those at Sh---- Stadium were. Tailgating, touring campus, the view from the College Drive grandstand, all far superior.

Reactions: whampas
My recollection is different. At City Stadium we drew more unaffiliated fans and I can recall many crowds exceeding Ribuns Stadiums capacity.
Those bathrooms at City Stadium had a unique charm including the ‘wet’ and slippery floors.Brickhouse can’t duplicate.The urinals at City Stadium are being earmarked for the Smithsonian to be included in the newly created “Medieval America’’ gallery.

2009 we had a pretty substantial bump from that WM game, averaging 9,413, when we had 17.5 k at that one game vs WM. Not to mention we were defending national champs and had more following. That crowd was legit that size. IIRC we were cooking the numbers low at the time because we were trying to build the stadium on campus and didn't want the NIMBY's getting mad about having so many vehicles in their neighborhood. Remember looking at the crowd several times, then seeing the reported attendance and thinking it was smaller then what we said.

The playoff game vs App St had close to 7200 fans. But would of been close to WM size had the weather not been so awful.

We were moving right to a new home as we were starting to grow as a program. Move should of happened for a multitude of reasons, but it sucks well never get crowds like that again, unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT