ADVERTISEMENT

2022-2023 Season outlook

The video? Sure. I already said not a thing wrong with SDad showing the video. But, why the cheap shots my way? Things die down on here, everyone gets along, and then something like that shows up. So, I guess if I reply, then I am the one in the wrong here?
I hear u and I’m not one into back and forth stuff but his tweet is on a different platform and didn’t refer to anyone in particular - I am confident Dji also has faced many other doubters thru the years who none of us on the forum knows too .. likewise I don’t think Dad shared his tweet here right ?

Reactions: VT4700
I hear u and I’m not one into back and forth stuff but his tweet is on a different platform and didn’t refer to anyone in particular - I am confident Dji also has faced many other doubters thru the years who none of us on the forum knows too .. likewise I don’t think Dad shared his tweet here right ?
Very fair, and you are correct. I just want to be able to post honestly. I just don't understand why if Sman can talk bad about Goose and Grace from 3, and we have heard Sman destroy Goose on here at times, why can't I question a guy who is 0-9 in his career from 3? I just think we should keep it fair.

Very fair, and you are correct. I just want to be able to post honestly. I just don't understand why if Sman can talk bad about Goose and Grace from 3, and we have heard Sman destroy Goose on here at times, why can't I question a guy who is 0-9 in his career from 3? I just think we should keep it fair.
All good - I will bet you a bojangles chicken biscuit or whatever this year’s 2 FT miss visitor 2nd half promotion is that Dji will not be 0 for x headed into his 4th year …

Last edited:
Reactions: VT4700
All good - I will bet you a bojangles chicken biscuit or whatever this year’s 2 FT miss visitor 2nd half promotion is that Dji will not be 0 for x headed into his 4th year …
LOL. I would not take that bet for 2 reasons. 1. I think he will make a 3 (multiple 3s) this year. 2. I would never bet against a Spider like that. All my Spider bets are always a positive.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
I’ll never complain again about 4700 fighting each point to the very end if he gives us an honest answer here.
Predictions on other people’s professions:
— SfSpidur: computer scientist with a focus on large data sets
— Eight Legger: high school science teacher
— Spiderman: IT project manager
— Section9RowD: Healthcare consulting
—Urfan1: wealth manager
I got a D- in chemistry second semester of my senior year. The only reason I didn't get an F was because it was second semester of senior year. There's probably no job I am less qualified to have than science teacher.

I’ll never complain again about 4700 fighting each point to the very end if he gives us an honest answer here.
Predictions on other people’s professions:
— SfSpidur: computer scientist with a focus on large data sets
— Eight Legger: high school science teacher
— Spiderman: IT project manager
— Section9RowD: Healthcare consulting
—Urfan1: wealth manager
You didn't include me, but I play professional football.

I hope I haven't talked bad about Goose or Grace. that's never been my intention. I like both a lot and they've been great Spiders. Goose has obviously had a real nice career. I think I was supporting Grace long before most on this board. I certainly see their value. I just don't see the need for either to be 30 mpg+ guys. at least I hope we have options that make that unneccessary.

I probably lean too much towards unproven guys. they haven't proven to me what their limitations are so I hope for the sky. I'm HOPING Bigelow is better all around than Grace at forward, but I don't know that. I've seen Quinn enough to believe he's ahead of Grace at the 5. I do think Goose is a starter, but I'm still unsure how the pieces fit because I personally would have to start Roche. I don't bring in that kind of shooter to come off the bench in a limited role. maybe they fit if Burton is the bigger forward.

as for shooting, I don't think I've said anything controversial. we have 4 years of shooting data. Grace and Goose have both hit some big shots, but they haven't hit a high percentage from outside through 4 years. there's no rational reason to expect them to now. saying "I think they'll shoot 35% on greater volume this year"? that's not based on anything but hope. and I of course hope they do too but it's unlikely. I also don't expect Dji or Quinn to shoot 35%. I have no idea what to expect from Nelson as a shooter. someone's got to hit shots. if we put it all on Burton, I don't think we'll like the results.

I hope I haven't talked bad about Goose or Grace. that's never been my intention. I like both a lot and they've been great Spiders. Goose has obviously had a real nice career. I think I was supporting Grace long before most on this board. I certainly see their value. I just don't see the need for either to be 30 mpg+ guys. at least I hope we have options that make that unneccessary.

I probably lean too much towards unproven guys. they haven't proven to me what their limitations are so I hope for the sky. I'm HOPING Bigelow is better all around than Grace at forward, but I don't know that. I've seen Quinn enough to believe he's ahead of Grace at the 5. I do think Goose is a starter, but I'm still unsure how the pieces fit because I personally would have to start Roche. I don't bring in that kind of shooter to come off the bench in a limited role. maybe they fit if Burton is the bigger forward.

as for shooting, I don't think I've said anything controversial. we have 4 years of shooting data. Grace and Goose have both hit some big shots, but they haven't hit a high percentage from outside through 4 years. there's no rational reason to expect them to now. saying "I think they'll shoot 35% on greater volume this year"? that's not based on anything but hope. and I of course hope they do too but it's unlikely. I also don't expect Dji or Quinn to shoot 35%. I have no idea what to expect from Nelson as a shooter. someone's got to hit shots. if we put it all on Burton, I don't think we'll like the results.
Goose will start and we better pray that Quinn is a lot better than Grace. Guards and turnovers are still my biggest question marks.

Weird question.
So NOT a strange question. This factor is a big determinate of NBA caliber players. "Weird question" was a rather ignorant response if you ask me... especially given the fact he is our center and can potentially use both hands as has been reported (and has been discussed on this board before).

Last edited:
Agreed, not a weird question. But no, I can't find any mention of Quinn's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT