ADVERTISEMENT

2022–23 NET Ratings

Obviously VCU is the best team in the country and will go undefeated the rest of the season, including destroying us next Friday while Mr. Mustachio hits 25 threes.

Baby steps….right now best team in the A10…but but but they lost to Jacksonville at home

Being the best in the A10 is not a powerful statement this year. But this is a good win for VCU. Will make out matchup with them even more significant when it happens. Assume they will beat UMASS next week and we need to beat the Bonnies and then get URI who just beat Bonnies by 1. I don't think URI is very good, but can likely finish around .500 in this years A10, maybe 8-10.

Reactions: urfan1
You must be thinking about someone else. He is now 34-86 (39.5%) on the year, including 15-19 his last 3 games. He made 87-212 (41%) for Hartford last year.
He is not thinking of someone else, he is thinking the 19-67 before the last 3 games is the standard for Shrivel.
I do not, I also don’t think 15-19 is…

I thought before the season VCU had a graphic showing him in top 5 in 3 %, of course they ignored that Roche was there too.

Last edited:
Lets not talk too much about Roche just yet. He is currently 42% overall from 3 for the season, which is great.

But since the A10 started, he is 4-17 and shooting 23.5%. I expected A10 play to be tougher with teams and coaches having more film and familiarity with our offense. And I expect shooters to hit dry spells like this every so often at some point, so I am not down on Roche right now, but he is in a cold spell right now.

I am hopeful the Bonnies game is a breakout for him. Maybe he goes like 4-6 from deep and gets back on track. But overall - we need him to shoot well and provide that spark off the bench for this team to compete for top level of the A10.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
He is not thinking of someone else, he is thinking the 19-67 before the last 3 games is the standard for Shrivel.
I do not, I also don’t think 15-19 is…

I thought before the season VCU had a graphic showing him in top 5 %, of course they ignored that Roche was there too.
Well, he said he had made 6 all year before last night, and added "even a mangy dog finds a bone". Considering he made 87 last year at a 41% clip, and 19 more this year before last night, he was either way way wrong again, or he was thinking of someone else. I was trying to be nice and give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Well, he said he had made 6 all year before last night, and added "even a mangy dog finds a bone". Considering he made 87 last year at a 41% clip, and 19 more this year before last night, he was either way way wrong again, or he was thinking of someone else. I was trying to be nice and give him the benefit of the doubt here.
Well, it was an EL post so I assumed unintentional hyperbole…

Reactions: VT4700
Lets not talk too much about Roche just yet. He is currently 42% overall from 3 for the season, which is great.

But since the A10 started, he is 4-17 and shooting 23.5%. I expected A10 play to be tougher with teams and coaches having more film and familiarity with our offense. And I expect shooters to hit dry spells like this every so often at some point, so I am not down on Roche right now, but he is in a cold spell right now.

I am hopeful the Bonnies game is a breakout for him. Maybe he goes like 4-6 from deep and gets back on track. But overall - we need him to shoot well and provide that spark off the bench for this team to compete for top level of the A10.
SBU is 29th in defending the three, 221st in defending the two. So may or may not be today.

As long as we win the next two, I’d be fine with a breakout on Friday.

Interesting that he 43% against Top 50, and Top 100…

Being the best in the A10 is not a powerful statement this year.
A10 is not a strong conference, but a balanced one. Going to be close more times than not and is going to come down to which team plays the hardest. Dayton obviously thought the Broad St boys were going to rollover.

Dayton has no one who can dribble the ball without Malachi Smith….. We can win this league if we just don’t F things up the rest of the way.
Dayton has been surprising in that they had been able to win in conferences without their best guards. Only going to be tougher if/when Smith gets back.

The Spiders have a good shot, but this year it seems like half the league does. Going to be fun to watch the conference rankings.

Reactions: plydogg
No, i definitely NEVER use hyperbole EVER. Very dangerous to even consider doing so around these parts. EVERYTHING I SAY IS COMPLETELY SERIOUS AT ALL TIMES.
As it should be everywhere on the internet…

I was comparing NET team sheets in the A10 and was pretty surprised at what I found, we have only played one Q1 game which we lost, three Q2 games which we lost all of those, we are 4-3 just above .500 in Q3 games and then as expected handling the Q4's 7-1. What caught me most off guard is that as of today for the remainder of the season we only have one Q1 game (@ Dayton) and one Q2 game (@ VCU) remaining, the rest are Q3 and Q4. I understand the A10 likes to get the home and homes between the projected top teams but it stinks.

The A-10 stinks, full stop.

It's not that we're screwed by the home-and-home matchups, it's that we don't have good teams in conference to provide the Q1/Q2 opportunities at all. As of now, playing Dayton on the road is the only way you can get a Q1 A-10 game. Dayton is also the only opponent that can give you a Q2 home game, never mind Q1 at home.

Reactions: Ferrum Spider
The A-10 stinks, full stop.
Positively yes. A10 kenpom rating continually went down and appears even during conference play which I didn't realize could happen.

On 12/8 posted this .....

Today as of right now. ....

team === Q1 record === Q2 record
Dayton == 0-2 ======= 0-3
VCU ==== 1-2 ======= 1-1
SLU ==== 1-4 ======= 1-0
Duq ==== 0-2 ====== 0-2
UR ===== 0-1 ====== 0-3
GMU === 0-1 ====== 1-1
MASS == 0-1 ====== 2-1
SBU === 0-0 ====== 0-2
Dav === 0-3 ====== 0-3
Ford === 0-1 ====== 1-1
GW === 0-1 ======= 1-3
Joes === 0-2 ====== 0-1
URI === 0-1 ====== 0-4
LaSal == 0-0 ===== 0-4
Loy ==== 0-1 ===== 1-2

Two Q1 and eight Q2 wins for the entire conference and none from the conference "leader" as far as NET is concerned :rolleyes:

So are we going to intentionally lose by 40 on Saturday to keep a certain team from being #1 in NET?

VCU has at large chances. Surprise Surprise. But they r the only one. Could be back to Juan Bid. Surprise Surprise.

And VCU is our only remaining shot at one until potentially at the A-10 tournament. Duquesne and La Salle each have two more shots in the regular season based on current rankings.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
12/8 posted this ....

1/19 ....

2/5

New low .... don't know the specifics of why continually dropping during A10 play?

• Sad
Reactions: gospidersgo

Only getting worse .....

We expected the Spiders to be better but no doubt the league as a whole has failed this season. The top 3 teams most predicted are there though unfortunately wasn't thinking the leading one would be them. And since the NET thread VCU (82) Dayton (74) and STL (99)

Wow the WAC above the A10. Believe I follow CBB enough but couldn't name one school from there until I looked it up. Now know predominately league with teams from state of Texas.

Only getting worse .....

We expected the Spiders to be better but no doubt the league as a whole has failed this season. The top 3 teams most predicted are there though unfortunately wasn't thinking the leading one would be them. And since the NET thread VCU (82) Dayton (74) and STL (99)

Wow the WAC above the A10. Believe I follow CBB enough but couldn't name one school from there until I looked it up. Now know predominately league with teams from state of Texas.
Sad but predictable

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT