ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - VA Tech

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

hoping for the best for our players, coaches and fans in Blacksburg on Saturday...winning or losing aside, it should be a memorable experience for all...the last time the Spiders were in Lane Stadium (1985) there were only 21,000 fans there...things have changed at VPI quite a bit!

Coach Huesman asked our players to look ahead after Villanova and not back...I hope they have and I am too...they have to focus on the Gobblers, but this fan can look ahead to Elon and the seven remaining CAA games...our hopes for a return to the battle for a CAA Championship and/or FCS Playoff bid start October 2!

the way we play at Tech could tell us a lot about what we'll have for the CAA in October and November...we may not shock the BCS world with an upset at Lane, but we can leave with their respect by giving maximum effort, executing well and making good decisions...if we can do this against Tech in the big time hostile atmosphere it could bode well for the remainder of the season...

hoping we come home healthy and spend the $400K wisely...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
Feel like the Spiders walked out of Lane Stadium today with their dignity and the Gobblers respect...we gave them everything they could stand...

Our defense and OL played their guts out...don't know how good/bad VPI is, but we need to play this way in the CAA...

now comes the tough part taking the good things from today to The Brick House next week for a CAA game...can't let down...we owe the Phoenix...

Go Spiders!

One last thought (I think). I never expected us to win this game. Hopefully no other injuries besides JM. It could have been a lot uglier.

Guys better be ready to grind and win each play. Win each play and it’ll be ok but there’s not really any margin of error.

We can not win 6 of our next 7 games by having only defensive prowess.This is not the era of Jim Reid 2.0.

Mancuso is most likely out for 3-4 weeks at least with a broken index finger on his throwing hand.

Beau is not the running weapon that Mancuso is.Not sure he has Mancuso’s arm either.

Coach Durden et al have a real challenge to formulate some form of an offensive strategy with English-Hardy-Wickersham in mind over the next 3-4 weeks,

Last edited:
One last thought (I think). I never expected us to win this game. Hopefully no other injuries besides JM. It could have been a lot uglier.

Guys better be ready to grind and win each play. Win each play and it’ll be ok but there’s not really any margin of error.
This could have been a win. Confusion reigned. Wasted time outs, The 3rd string QB becomes next up and no one is prepared. Come on

We can not win 6 of our next 7 games by having only defensive prowess.

Mancuso is most likely out for 3-4 weeks at least with a broken index finger on his throwing hand.

Beau is not the running weapon that Mancuso is.Not sure he has Mancuso’s arm either.

Coach Durden et al have a real challenge to formulate some form of an offensive strategy with English-Hardy-Wickersham in mind over the next 3-4 weeks,
So English can’t run and obviously can’t throw but he’s the back up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT