ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Richmond Spiders Football - Countdown - Villanova

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

this road trip is a tough way to start the CAA season, but if the Spiders are going to be a CAA Championship and FCS Playoff contender we need to show it in Philadelphia...

Nova's roster looks a lot like the Spider's, lots of returning talent and experience...

Richmond led the Cats at halftime of the 2019 game in Philadelphia...lost it in the 2nd half and ended the season badly...a win that day would have given us 5 CAA wins...ifs, ands and buts...maybe we're better than that now?....I think so...

like Coach Ferrante, I'm "cautiously optimistic"...

enjoy the Countdown...

Go Spiders!

What are the chances this isn't an error in the two deep?:
Kickoff Returner 3 Aaron Dykes (R-Jr., 5-11, 202)
5 Jasiah Williams (R-Fr., 5-11, 186)

What are the chances this isn't an error in the two deep?:
Kickoff Returner 3 Aaron Dykes (R-Jr., 5-11, 202)
5 Jasiah Williams (R-Fr., 5-11, 186)
I just saw the same. Russ was very emphatic at wednesday presser: NO

Fun new game for all UR fans, rank the streaks! 1- missing the NCAA basketball tournament, 2 - missing football plays and 3 - having an error/typo in published information.

maybe more importantly, which one is going to end first? And what are the odds that all 3 end this year???

i would like to think that at some point we’d take some pride and get this stuff right…but unfortunately it just seems like we’re happy “to compete”

Prefer to think they would not make it off the bus, after actively drinking for 4 hours to avoid wearing a mask.

Attendance has been awful the first 2 home games. I think there a few factors causing this. One of the biggest issues is we need to win. This is a huge game for Heusman. He's got to deliver in a big game.

Reactions: URTOM68
Attendance has been awful the first 2 home games. I think there a few factors causing this. One of the biggest issues is we need to win. This is a huge game for Heusman. He's got to deliver in a big
We lose the next 2, lucky to see 3000 at elon

Fun new game for all UR fans, rank the streaks! 1- missing the NCAA basketball tournament, 2 - missing football plays and 3 - having an error/typo in published information.

maybe more importantly, which one is going to end first? And what are the odds that all 3 end this year???

i would like to think that at some point we’d take some pride and get this stuff right…but unfortunately it just seems like we’re happy “to compete”

They will end when we get a new athletic director, two new head coaches, one new offensive coordinator, and new school administration....

Run defense not living up to the hype. Going to have to do better unless our offense shows something new & different today.

Yes this is still a Huseman coached team. Game over in first 5 min.

Like the all blue uniform, but the white helmet sucks. Always has. Always will.

The OC is of much bigger concern to me. I’d rather win than worry about our uniforms. But I get it…we haven’t had much to be excited about for years.

Reactions: SpiderRick
Absolutely. Durden should have been fired at least 2 years ago. But such is life in Spider Athletics.

Reactions: SpiderK
Huesman’s a deadbeat.
This seems a bit harsh to say about the defensive coordinator of our 2008 NC team. That said, yea, now he's the head man and we need a spark badly. Feels like we are going nowhere fast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT