ADVERTISEMENT
Defense is playing an outstanding game. Just keep hanging around and stay in this thing. You never know what might happen.

I am not sold on our offense at all. Beau English looks completely lost at VT. Hopeful Joe comes back after this game.

Huesman telling his punter what he should have done after the fact…
Russ making a complete ass out of himself for a first time player. these are acts that players resent, and stop buying into their coach. the result plays out on the field.

Reactions: spider fan
Does not reflect well on our coach or our school that RH lambasted the punter for all to see on live TV. That is not the way to motivate anyone.

Russ making a complete ass out of himself for a first time player. these are acts that players resent, and stop buying into their coach. the result plays out on the field.
Radio broadcast stated that Russ emphasized during practice and before game warm-ups to the punter to not punt the ball to the middle of the field. Though I've become cool towards Russ, this one is on the punter. He deserved what he got. Just like the Scott McGee middle of the field punt. It opens up return options.

If you saw RH on TV broadcast you might think differently - very demonstrative and went on and on. Yes the punter made a mistake but that is no way to teach him. What about the old adage : praise publicly and reprimand privately.

If you saw RH on TV broadcast you might think differently - very demonstrative and went on and on. Yes the punter made a mistake but that is no way to teach him. What about the old adage : praise publicly and reprimand privately.
Very well might be the case. Didn't see it. Know the man is fighting for his job and the kid does exactly what he's told not to do on numerous occasions. Doesn't excuse it, but understandable. It's a whole different discussion in the VT locker room if it's 7-7.

How have we been stuck with Mancuso and English for so long. How have we not recruited a better QB in 5 years.

Reactions: I-M-UR
English is incapable of throwing more that 5 yards regardless of how many yards we need. Somebody needs to explain to Durden the definition of misdirection

I can’t help but laugh at a coach yelling at a player like that when your staff cost us three timeouts this half. As far as I can tell it’s not the players costing us the game today.

English is incapable of throwing more that 5 yards regardless of how many yards we need. Somebody needs to explain to Durden the definition of misdirection
He's throwing 15-yard passes just fine to the sideline for 5-yard losses all day, though...

Hey, we're only down 11 with five minutes left, so let's just trying running it straight up the middle two yards at a time every play...

I have no problem work RH yelling @ a player. Gotta execute. The pass interference no calls and the tripping call on us were big. Our lines dominated VT...huge positive. Gotta find a QB who will throw down field if JM is out.

We had to know the bad calls from the ACC officials were coming. Can't leave any doubt in a game like this one.

Well, at least we can use this $400,000 to pay the salary of our new coach next year.

I have no problem work RH yelling @ a player. Gotta execute. The pass interference no calls and the tripping call on us were big. Our lines dominated VT...huge positive. Gotta find a QB who will throw down field if JM is out.
With a back up QB we scored the same number of points against the Gobblers as Carolina and Heisman candidate QB Howell...

OL was strong...if English has to go versus Elon hopefully a week with 1st team will help...need to take this performance into Elon next week

the defense we played today gives us a chance to win every remaining game...

Go Spiders!

With a back up QB we scored the same number of points against the Gobblers as Carolina and Heisman candidate QB Howell...

OL was strong...if English has to go versus Elon hopefully a week with 1st team will help...need to take this performance into Elon next week

the defense we played today gives us a chance to win every remaining game...

Go Spiders!
Lipstick on a pig, as usual. Another great moral victory in the books!

Reactions: 8legs1dream
The QB play was really awful. I don't care if he is 2nd string he couldn't throw the ball down the field. The play calling lead to false starts and delay of games. The game really wasn't great for either team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT