ADVERTISEMENT

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

was glad years ago when this one popped up on the future schedule for the first time since 1986 and thankful now that the game is less than two months away...

we haven't played the Hokies often since their SOCON days ended, but we had some great afternoons at City Stadium in the 70s and early 80s as both programs evolved towards their current BCS and FCS status...

I know Bill Dooley said something in 1986 to the effect that he would prefer to never return to the Stadium...and the teams haven't played since then...it's hard these days to even imagine the Gobblers playing at the ancient 21K seat venue...who knows?...they may have been demoralized by their locker room and the infamous scoreboard...

obviously Tech will be significant favorites in this game...but I hope the Spiders will use the game as a good opportunity to test themselves for the important challenges coming on the road later in the CAA...play with composure, execute well in all three phases and ride home without serious injuries in quest of those big CAA wins...

enjoy the Countdown...

Go Spiders!

C'mon, Spiders - shake off the disappointment and beat the Hokies! Tech was wounded this past weekend up at WVU. They will either tear out of the locker room looking for blood, or they will be less than confident. A couple of early Spiders scores could make a difference here. Let's turn this thing around!

My freshman year we beat Tech 17-10 at City Stadium. Those were different times. I'm not sure we should even be playing this game.

Reactions: Gallipoli
Well I’m finally back on here. Some issues with my account login but finally got it right. I will be at the game this weekend in Blacksburg as I have season tickets. I really hope as many of you can make it as possible because Blacksburg is a special place and you all will have a great time no matter the result of the game. If you have prospective college students then this is a weekend I would definitely bring them. As far as the game I have no idea what to expect; both teams are coming off of devastating losses where both teams feel like they should have won. I do think UR has a chance here because Tech leaves much to be desired offensively this year, especially in the passing game. However I don’t think UR will have much luck moving the ball on Tech because Tech has a much improved defense this year and has playmakers at all three levels. Expect a low scoring game where if UR has some bounces go there way or turnovers they can make this interesting. I’d say score will be Tech 28 UR 10. And remember Tech is notorious for playing down to their competition under Justin Fuente, especially if it’s a non power 5 in state team (see Liberty and ODU losses). After the game come out and have some beers with me at any of the Main Street bars!

Well I’m finally back on here. Some issues with my account login but finally got it right. I will be at the game this weekend in Blacksburg as I have season tickets. I really hope as many of you can make it as possible because Blacksburg is a special place and you all will have a great time no matter the result of the game. If you have prospective college students then this is a weekend I would definitely bring them. As far as the game I have no idea what to expect; both teams are coming off of devastating losses where both teams feel like they should have won. I do think UR has a chance here because Tech leaves much to be desired offensively this year, especially in the passing game. However I don’t think UR will have much luck moving the ball on Tech because Tech has a much improved defense this year and has playmakers at all three levels. Expect a low scoring game where if UR has some bounces go there way or turnovers they can make this interesting. I’d say score will be Tech 28 UR 10. And remember Tech is notorious for playing down to their competition under Justin Fuente, especially if it’s a non power 5 in state team (see Liberty and ODU losses). After the game come out and have some beers with me at any of the Main Street bars!
VT is much better this year. We have zero chance in this game. With the epic collapse against Nova the week before.

LISTEN: Richmond Spiders Football HC Russ Huesman Discusses the Season So Far, Kobie Turner, & the Upcoming Matchup with the Hokies​

I promise y’all UR covers in this one. The Hokies never beat anyone by that much. I actually think it will be a close game for a while. UR will manage to cause some frustration with their D-line and Techs QB is not good in the passing game at all. If UR forces some turnovers than I see them staying in this for a while. The issue will be with UR’s offense because I don’t think they’ll move the ball very well. Expect a low scoring game going into halftime and then for Tech to pull away a little bit in the third quarter. I’ve said it before but I see it being VT 28 UR 10. Overall it’s pretty cool to see the team I grew up rooting for play the Team where I went to school.

It is sad when must count on QB to be your fullback too. Pleeze recruit a power back of 225 lbs or more. Know not our scheme and he needn't be the featured back, but pleeze put that weapon in our arsenal for when the game situation calls for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
Are those of us with Comcast unable to watch this game since it's on the ACC Network?

Cold one bburg this am..43 degrees..line down to 29.5!!!! We got 'em where we want 'em!!!!

Are those of us with Comcast unable to watch this game since it's on the ACC Network?
FUBU features the ACC Network and are running a promotion...seven days for $1.00 with full cancellation rights. We subscribed and will be cancelling after the game, before the full price ($80.00) subscription begins. A friend also told me that HULU also includes the ACCN on some of their subscriptions.

But, it's always nice to watch the game through Bob Black's eyes.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Sure looked broken to me. English either can't throw the ball more than eight yards downfield or Durden isn't letting him.

Vt just gift wrapped us a TD. Vt is struggling to run the ball. Let’s see if we can keep this up. Solid showing by the D this far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT