ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Commits List

PawleysSpider

Rookie
Sep 20, 2010
  1. Tom Elia - 6/27/18 - OL - South Fayette, McDonald, PA - 6'3"/280 :)
  2. Cameron Cloud - 7/16/18 - WR - Northwest Guilford, Greensboro, NC - 5'10"/180 :)
  3. Ryan Coll - 7/20/18 - OL - Battlefield, Gainesville, VA - 6'5"/295 :)
  4. Obi Egbuna - 7/23/18 - DB - Charlotte Christian, Charlotte, NC - 5'10"/170 - Decommitted & Committed to UNC - 12/16/18 :cool:
  5. Nick King - 7/25/18 - DL - Charlotte Catholic, Charlotte, NC - 6'2"/265 :)
  6. Jackson Walker - 7/31/18 - QB - Briarcrest Christian, Germantown, TN - 6'3"/210 :)
  7. Giovanni Seigler - 8/1/18 - DB - Heritage, Leesburg, VA - 6'0"/175 :)
  8. Ben Castellano - 8/9/18 - TE/WR - Woodgrove, Round Hill, VA - 6'4"/225 :)
  9. Tristan Wheeler - 8/10/18 - LB - Freedom, Bethlehem, PA - 6'2"/225 :)
  10. Avery Close - 9/24/18 - TE - Salem HS, Salem, VA - 6'5"/225 :)
  11. Louis Montana - 10/2/18 - DL - Pope John, Sparta, NJ - 6'4"/250 :)
  12. Cade Salyers - 12/19/18 - OL - Dobyns-Bennett, Kingsport, TN - 6'4"/310 :)
  13. Roland Williams - 12/19/18 - DB - White Station/Ellsworth CC, Memphis, TN - 6'0"/180 - 3 Yr Eligibility JUCO Transfer :)
  14. Charlie Fessler - 12/28/18 - WR - Cathedral Prep (Northwestern), Erie, PA - 6’3”/210 - 1 Yr Eligibility Grad Transfer :)
  15. Xavier Marshall - 1/13/19 - DB - Vance, Charlotte, NC - 6'2"/200 :)
  16. Marlem Louis - 1/13/19 - DE - Venice, Venice, FL - 6’3”/225 :)
  17. Brandon Feamster - 1/14/19 - DB - Downington East (Duke), Exton, PA, 6'3"/205 - 1 Yr Eligibility Grad Transfer :)
  18. Gavin Lamp - 1/20/19 - OL - Viera, Melbourne, FL - 6’5”/295 :)
  19. Noah Holmes - 1/22/19 - LB - Warhill, Williamsburg, VA - 6’2”/205 :)
  20. Scott Schenke - 2/4/19 - DL - Venice, Venice, FL - 6’3”/270 :)

Last edited:
Thanks for making this! Nice to see all our commits on one page. I know that the staff has tweeted out that they landed many recruits but not sure if all recruits had tweeted out they are committing to UR. In other words, are there more verbal commitments to the team that we don’t know about because the student-athlete chose not to post on social media about it? For instance do we know who this recruit is?

Thanks for making this! Nice to see all our commits on one page. I know that the staff has tweeted out that they landed many recruits but not sure if all recruits had tweeted out they are committing to UR. In other words, are there more verbal commitments to the team that we don’t know about because the student-athlete chose not to post on social media about it? For instance do we know who this recruit is?

Other commits are certainly possible - my starting point was 32's Commits thread - I have no other source of info other than what I see here and on Twitter! I'm glad to post any corrections or updates as necessary.

Saw a tweet that referenced another commit tonight. An offensive lineman,perhaps. Anyone got anything?

Saw a tweet that referenced another commit tonight. An offensive lineman,perhaps. Anyone got anything?

Know there has been a lot of negative chatter...curious how folks feel about the commits? Is this a step in the right direction(ie can we be optimistic?)

I think the recruiting has been good for football...when meshing talent between two types of schemes its going to take some time. We've seen that Russ and Co. can coach, you don't make Chattanooga into a perennial contender by accident.

did he de-commit from Richmond?

No.Nick’s UNC PWO Twitter notification was sent to UR coaches as a “heads up” on 11/2/18 at 12:30pm.Now with coach in Chapel Hill getting fired today there will be a bunch of fallout-assistants,existing players,recruits.

Last edited:
Just heard from Nick. He's still committed.

One of the problems with underperforming during the year is that you have to be recruiting your commits, as they're hearing from a lot of other people and second-guessing their intentions.

According to the football Twitter account, at 8:00 a.m., it looks like Tom Elia, Tristan Wheeler, and Nick King have already sent in their LOIs. Nick King was one who we thought we might lose to UNC who offered him as a preferred walk-on. We're lucky to get him.
Let's hope that many more follow as the day goes on.

Add Cameron Cloud and Louis Montana. I did not know that we were recruiting Louis and I do not know much about him except that he is listed at 6'4", 250 lb and as a defensive lineman.
Apparently, he is a friend of Aidan Murray. They both went to Pope John in Sussex, NJ.

Add Cameron Cloud and Louis Montana. I did not know that we were recruiting Louis and I do not know much about him except that he is listed at 6'4", 250 lb and as a defensive lineman.
Apparently, he is a friend of Aidan Murray. They both went to Pope John in Sussex, NJ.

Pope John XXIII

Another surprise: Cade Salyers, 6'4", 301 lbs, an offensive lineman out of Kingsport, TN.

I just love the way Tristen Wheeler and some of the other defensive recruits we are getting hit and FINISH!!! I believe
based at least on film, the staff is getting some defenders that are quick and and hard hitters. OL recruits, including TE
all seem to be strong blockers which leads me to believe in the future, we are going to have a stronger ground game.

Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
Giovanni Seigler and Ben Castellano are both now on board. That completes the commits we knew about and includes one that we didn't know about. We lost one, Obi Egbuna, who decided to attend UNC. Not sure whether we will sign any others in the early period, but it would be nice to pick up another DB to replace the slot we had reserved for Egbuna.

Kudos to the staff for recruiting a fantastic class so far! Almost all of the recruits had FBS/P5 offers or PWO to P5. Exciting times ahead for Spider Football.

We have 11 officially signed. Is the plan to get to 20 by next fall?

Reactions: MolivaManiac
Awesome news! Got LOI from Roland Williams a JUCO transfer who was previously committed to Western Michigan. Is this the first JUCO we’ve signed in football in awhile? Loving this as a sign of improved alignment between athletics and admissions

Reactions: urfan1 and iSpider
Great replacement for the kid who flipped to UNC! This staff really kills the recruiting for this program.

Reactions: urfan1
Spiders fortify up front, where there was a 'big' offensive need

5c1aa0b144669.image.jpg

Richmond coach Russ Huesman

MARK GORMUS/TIMES-DISPATCH

The University of Richmond went big on the first day of college football’s early-signing period. Three of the 12 players who formally committed Wednesday play on the offensive line, a thin position group for UR this season.

Richmond coach Russ Huesman said there will likely be additional O-line fortification with the arrival of the later signing period, which starts on Feb. 6. Huesman aims to sign two more offensive linemen then, along with two or three other prospects.

The Spiders began what developed into a 4-7 season (2-6 CAA) with a relatively short supply of offensive linemen, and a few of them suffered injuries. Because of manpower issues, John Yarbrough, who started all 11 games at center in 2017, played each of the five positions on the offensive line this season, and UR shifted tight end Stephon Jacob to tackle in an Oct. 13 win at Albany.

Among the most intriguing of UR's signees is Ryan Coll, a 6-foot-5 295-pounder from Gainesville (Battlefield High) who played defensive end and tight end. He will be a Spiders' offensive lineman.

"A lot of times, you do take those tight ends that are bigger kids and just try to put weight on them and make them tackles, because they can run," said Huesman. "But we feel good about Ryan. He can move, and he's a physical guy."

Huesman, Richmond’s coach for two seasons, was Chattanooga’s coach 2009-16. He returned to those Tennessee recruiting connections, he said with the help of assistant Sparky Woods, to sign three players from the Volunteer State. Among them is a junior-college transfer, defensive back Roland Williams, who played this season at Ellsworth (Iowa) Community College. Williams, who's from Memphis, Tenn., signed with Air Force before electing to attend Ellsworth, and has three seasons of eligibility remaining.

"He better come in and compete and play, or we made a mistake. He needs to," Huesman said of Williams, who will be at UR for spring practice.

Huesman called the quarterback Richmond signed, Jackson Walker from Memphis, Tenn., "a really nice dual-threat guy. ... We are so excited to have him."

Four of UR’s dozen signees are from Virginia, though none lives in the Richmond area. The Spiders are in communication with potential mid-year transfers, according to Huesman.

The Spiders open next season at home, against Jacksonville, on Aug. 31, and the week after play their annual game against an FBS team at Boston College.

linemen!!!! sweet now we can build around a solid base. Just don't know how ready they'll be in 2019?

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT