ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Football LOIs

iSpider

Graduate Assistant
Dec 31, 2007
As of 9:30 a.m. today, the fifteen (15)players listed below have signed and sent in their National Letters of Intent (LOIs): All were listed on our posted Commitment List:

1) Thomas "TJ" Dunn, LB 6'1" 195lb Benedictine, Richmond, VA
2) Tazle "Tap" Sumpter, DT/RG 6'3" 270 lb St Christopher, Richmond, VA
3) Daniel Jones, RB/WR/DB 6'1" 185 lb, Bruton HS, Williamsburg, VA
4) Michael Iamunno OLB 6'3" 215lb St Thomas Aquinas, Ft Lauderdale, FL
5) Trent Williams RB 6'0" 190lb Thomas Dale, Hopewell, VA
6) Maurice Jackson, LB 6'2" 210 lb Harry S. Truman HS, Philadelphia, PA
7) Joseph Mancuso, QB 6'2" 190 lb Union County, Blairsville, GA
8) Xavier Goodall, RB 5'9" 181 lb Henrico HS, Richmond, VA
9) Gabe Thomas, WR/CB, 6'2" 175 lb, Trinty Prep HS, Winter Park, FL
10) AJ Hines, RB/LB. 6'1" 210; lbs, Fike HS, Wilson, NC
11) Darius Reynolds, DE, DT, 6'2", 230 lbs, York, HS, Yorktown, VA
12) Seyoum Settepani, OL, 6'2", 281 lbs, Cheshire Academy, Cheshire, Connecticut
13) Logan Blake, NG, 6'5", 300 lb, Liberty Christian, Lynchburg, VA
14) Adam Samee, OL, 6'7", 275 lbs, Central Catholic, Clearwater, FL

We have also added the following recruit who was not on our posted Commitment List:
15) Colby Ritten, 6-3, 280, Defensive End, Orlando, Fla./Boone High School,

As we all know, Hamilton Day de-committed and signed with Dartmouth.. Unlike some schools, I do not believe that UR lists preferred walk-ons as signees. The signing period runs through April 1st for entering freshmen so there may be other recruits coming on board, and there may be transfers added at a later date.

You can obtain more information at RichmondSpiders.com.

Last edited:
I don't think we're allowed to publicize walk-ons until they're enrolled. They don't sign LOIs.

DR just said in his press conference that we have brought in a transfer in January. Jake somebody. . . couldn't hear the last name or his position as the audio was garbled at the time. Anyone else hear that?

DR just said in his press conference that we have brought in a transfer in January. Jake somebody. . . couldn't hear the last name or his position as the audio was garbled at the time. Anyone else hear that?
What was Jake's position for i only caught last 5 minutes?

Are we still looking to add another? Dishon McNairy out of Georgia says we just offered him.

Jake Clise is a QB at LSU.He is from Baltimore and played at Loyola Blakefield.He's 6-2,209.He has 2 years of eligibility remaining.He was a walk-on at LSU and he appears to have used a redshirt.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208315461

Not sure if he is the guy that has enrolled at UR in January.If so,it is presumed that David Broadus is likely not returning for a RSr year.Only conjecture on my part.

Clise's high school coach says:

“He’s a very smart kid that works his tail off. He’s also very accurate with a strong arm and is really a dual-threat, since he can both throw and run the ball"

Clise describes himself as “a pass-first quarterback that’s not afraid to run the ball."

Loyola Blakefield senior highlights:

Clise also played LAX at Loyola which is top competition.

Clise interview on local TV prior to Turkey Day game of Loyola Blakefield v Calvert Hall:

Danny looking at the possibility of a transfer this summer after Spring ball if there is a need.

Also looking for +|- 6 walkons.

Last edited:
Yep, Danny said Jake Clise. Press conference feed cut out right after that, so didn't hear any other details.

Jake Clise is a QB at LSU.He is from Baltimore and played at Loyola Blakefield.He's 6-2,209.He has 2 years of eligibility remaining.He was a walk-on at LSU and he appears to have used a redshirt.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208315461

Not sure if he is the guy that has enrolled at UR in January.If so,it is presumed that David Broadus is likely not returning for a RSr year.Only conjecture on my part.

Clise's high school coach says:

“He’s a very smart kid that works his tail off. He’s also very accurate with a strong arm and is really a dual-threat, since he can both throw and run the ball"

Clise describes himself as “a pass-first quarterback that’s not afraid to run the ball."

Clise also played LAX at Loyola which is top competition.

Clise interview on local TV Tukey Day game:

Danny looking at the possibility of a transfer this summer after Spring ball if there is a need.

Also looking for +|- 6 walkons.

Broadus is still on the team

Matt Sullivan has some size and quickness in a lesser league:

Varsity Insider ‏@lohudinsider
Albertus Magnus TE/DE Matt Sullivan will attend Richmond as a preferred walk-on. @AMHSFalcons

Last edited:
I could Broaddus playing some TE and Johnson running back kicks or playing corner

iSpider/URFan1 - Can we also add our Transfers & Walk-Ons to our Forum Lists so we can track all the new folks for next year? Thanks!

32, can you tell me exactly what the preferred walk on status means as far as financial aid or any other assistance?

It essentially means the coaching staff wants you here, but you are paying your own way. As opposed to a walk on who tries out and joins the team. The coaching staff does not have a scholarship to give currently, so they ask them to come play as a preferred walk on. They want you as a player, and you could be potentially given scholarship at a later time.

It essentially means the coaching staff wants you here, but you are paying your own way.
They would also be eligible for any other financial aide/academic scholarship money that is available to general student population. Wonder if invited to join the team as a preferred walk-on might help them gain admission if they are borderline....not that I believe there is anything wrong with that.

Preferred walk-on means that you were recruited,that you join the team and are a part of the team – are treated the same and receive the same benefits (academic support, equipment, coaching, etc.) as everybody else with the exception of at the cash register – they will have a bill. Signing day was largely ceremonial for a preferred walk-on.No NLI was signed.Academic aid/financial aid is available for any student who qualifies(academic record,family income,etc.).

At the end of the day, it’s pretty clear that for those that offer “preferred” spots, they are telling the players that they are on the day 1 roster; but like anything else, they need to earn their reward thereafter and there certainly are no guarantees.

Preferred status can be an aid in an expedited early decision admissions process.

Last edited:
There must be some sort of expedited admissions decision for these guys too, as regular decision acceptances don't go out until April 1.

Speaking generally, preferred walk-ons do get admission consideration at most schools. If you meet minimum admissions requirements, programs will get you in because all programs need bodies above the 63 and 85 scholarship levels. After some UCONN Bball players complained of going hungry at the Final Four a few years ago some changes in meal plans and training tables were allowed by the NCAA so preferred walk-ons can eat at training tables and have some meal plans covered. Not all schools do that however, but most of the Power 5 schools do.

Dave Clawson came from the patriot league which at that time gave no athletic scholies yet every player was receiving financial aid. in speaking with him at one of our signing functions he and another guy from the athletic dept stated that they had a formula to pay a lot of aid to these preferreds. am sure that is still in place and an attractive deal for these guys.

Your post didn't mention Matt Sullivan on 2/8.Just the reference "And another I guess".Maybe you weren't aware that it was Matt Sullivan from Albertus Magnus in Bardonia,NY.

Last edited:
Not sure what position DR had in mind when he recruited Devin. He looks pretty versatile as a running back, a receiver and on defense. I wonder what role Ben Edwards might have played in his recruitment. It would be great if he develops to the level that approaches Ben's accomplishments at UR...and beyond.
Is it a trend or am I missing something? We have signed a number of recruits from this area.
I really love stealing recruits out of the Indians' backyard.
Excuse me...the Griffins' backyard.

HUDL highlights - Devin Campbell

Is Devin a scholarship player or walk-on? If scholarship, who else made offers?

How many recruited walk-ons is that now, seems like a pretty good number?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT