ADVERTISEMENT

#14/16 UVA(5-4) visits #11/12 UR(8-1) Brickhouse 1pm April 1st

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
Online:
TVicon.gif
Sat Apr 1,2017 12:30 PM (ET) Men's Lacrosse Watch live on SpiderTV as Richmond men's lacrosse hosts Virginia at Robins Stadium. Game time is 1pm. THIS IS A FREE EVENT - No April Fools Joke! Link available
at start time
Watch Live!

--->Inaugural season for Lars Tiffany(Brown '90)after 10 years at Brown and 2 years at Stony Brook.He had assistant stints at Penn State,Dartmouth,W&L,LeMoyne.He succeeded Dom Starsia(Brown '74) after 24 seasons and a 274-103(.727).Starsia had previously coached at Brown 101-46(.687)for 10 years.

--->Starsia was high on UR starting its program and contacted Chemotti to get the series started for 2014.

“I think this is just the right kind of school to be adding Division I men’s lacrosse.” Virginia coach Dom Starsia said. “It’s a really good school, it’s in a good location, lacrosse is booming in the state of Virginia, there’s no reason to think that Richmond won’t be really good, quickly.”

Starsia and the Cavaliers were excited to add a competitive program in the commonwealth, immediately jumping on the chance to schedule the Spiders.

“When Dan (Chemotti) first got the job and Richmond made the announcement, I called and said, ‘We can help you out if we can...I’d be happy to come over early [in the season] if you want,’” Starsia said. “... they jumped on the opportunity.”

Chemotti was equally as eager to add a program like Virginia to the Richmond schedule, especially for an opener.

“I think one of the benefits [of scheduling Virginia for the opener] is for our guys to see right off the bat...this is the introduction to Division I lacrosse, and here’s Virginia. This is what Division I lacrosse looks like.” Chemotti said. “I’m very thankful to coach Starsia and his staff and his guys for coming down here...we plan to keep them on the schedule every year, back and forth, home and home.”

--->UVa (5-4,0-2)has lost four(4) very close one(1) goal games: UPenn 11-10,Syracuse 14-13,Notre Dame 11-10 OT,Hopkins 18-17 OT.They could just as easily be 9-0.Cavs also have two(2)one(1) goal wins.Remaining are 2 winnable games (Robert Morris,Cleveland State) as well as hosting UNC and then Duke away.The ACC tourney will be held at Duke with the top 4 seeds following the regular season.Cavs are in jeopardy of not making the ACC tourney.

02/11 at Loyola (5-4) Patriot W 16 – 15
02/18 DREXEL (3-5) Colonial W 18 – 14
02/21 SIENA (0-9) Metro Atlantic W 20 – 13
02/25 at Penn (4-3) Ivy L 10 – 11
03/01 HIGH POINT (3-6) SoCon W 18 – 12
03/05 at Syracuse (6-1) ACC L 13 – 14
03/11 vs Cornell # (1-6) Ivy W 19 – 18 OT
03/18 NOTRE DAME (5-1) ACC L 10 – 11 OT
03/25 at Johns Hopkins (5-3) Big10 L 17-18 OT

---> West stands at Brickhouse should be populated given pig roast,Football Junior Day and good weather(69/46,11mph WNW)

v Hopkins

v ND

v Cornell

v Syracuse

v High Point

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this game. Going 2-1 against the ACC would be huge.

The defense is playing really well. Hopefully Ryan Lee can get healthy and be back to his usual self come tournament time.

Stoked for this game! Expecting a larger crowd than Duke. A lot going on this weekend on campus and not much else (No Kickers, Squirrels) + free admission...Im going to venture a crowd of over 6k if the weather remains nice...

Any idea why we get to host them two years in a row? 3rd time in 4 years?

Any idea why we get to host them two years in a row? 3rd time in 4 years?
That is interesting. Usually teams rarely sign more then 4 game agreements so it'd be weird for us to get 3/4 of them. Maybe the program opener was on the house and then they started agreeing to H and H and have just started another one starting here though?

Dom Starsia, former UVA coach of 25 years, was instrumental in getting this going and very complimentary of our program from the beginning.

For those who can't make it to Robins Stadium on Sat but are in Channel 6 viewing area, game will be televised on Channel 6.3 (FIOS=466). If you know the channel for Comcast, please reply to let folks know. But if you can come out and cheer on our Spiders, it's going to be a great atmosphere and weather should be perfect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT