ADVERTISEMENT

“How do you like me now”

Aug 19, 2003
Thanks to the Lincoln Project, never Trumpers, election fraud ,thousand of Afghans will die. Elections count, sleep well tonight..

There are 1000’s of US citizens ordered to shelter in place. Do you have a clue how desperate they feel tonight. My nephew is there. Truly amazed how libs can brush off reality.

There are 1000’s of US citizens ordered to shelter in place. Do you have a clue how desperate they feel tonight. My nephew is there. Truly amazed how libs can brush off reality.
204. You are invited to our tailgate. My frat brother has three sons,Marines, that served in Afghanistan, two suffer from PTSD, I am sure these boys would love to hear your input.

Thanks to the Lincoln Project, never Trumpers, election fraud ,thousand of Afghans will die. Elections count, sleep well tonight..
Read and though shall learn.Orange head screwed the smooth exit from ever happening.US telegraphed their exit way before the Capital insurrection of 1/6.Aim before you blow your wad next time.

Trump's deal with the Taliban set the stage for the Afghan collapse​

Trump's deal with the Taliban set the stage for the Afghan collapse

Last edited:
Unfortunately, when a military of 300,000 decides it doesn't want to defend itself or its country, this is what happens. It would have happened whether we left five years ago, in May, five minutes ago or five years from now. It's incredibly sad what is happening there, but our last three presidents have been trying to get us out of there because they all knew it was a money- and life-suck.

I'm not sure why our military didn't see warning signs that the Afghani military wouldn't hold up under pressure, but maybe that's not possible to know in advance. I would be curious what intelligence indicated about that in the past few months, though.

Reactions: bullfrog91
Local - you need some Xanax. I'll decline your tailgate invitation - not out of fear of Marines - but I make it a policy to not hang out with people who are either unwilling or unable to use any analytical skills.

Local, sorry for your nephew, don't know the circumstances, but I would assume they are working to safely extract him if he truly wants to leave. Prayers for his safety. Please pass on my appreciation to your Marine friends, they earned our respect. Having said that I'm glad we went in to get Ben Liden and his army, we made our mistake when we decided we could assist the rebuilding of the nation as a democracy. the lesson of Vietnam was forgotten, true change must come from within.

Reactions: Zeeter
Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f#ck things up……Barrack Obama. The Afghan army was not 300,000, half that at best. Joe pulled air support and US advisors and did not anticipate the total collapse. Biden is President of the US, cancelled most if not all of Trump’s executive orders on day one, yet he felt constrained to Trump’s exit strategy. Oh yeah, keep believing that garbage. Amazing anyone can defend this embarrassment.

Reactions: Gallipoli
Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f#ck things up……Barrack Obama. The Afghan army was not 300,000, half that at best. Joe pulled air support and US advisors and did not anticipate the total collapse. Biden is President of the US, cancelled most if not all of Trump’s executive orders on day one, yet he felt constrained to Trump’s exit strategy. Oh yeah, keep believing that garbage. Amazing anyone can defend this embarrassment.
Mr Orange head,the great deal maker of all time in his own mind,cut a deal with the Taliban for the US to exit.The US negotiations with the Taliban were executed without the Afghan government involvement way before Mr Orange head attempted 1/6 coup.What does that tell you.Plain and simple.The Prez of Afghanistan was packing diverted dollars to his own accounts as well as the top generals of the Afghan army.The word was out which the Taliban had begun their takeover in conjunction with a passive and survival mode Afghan Army which readily collapsed.Mr Orange head created the speedy inertia of the House of Cards by a draw down plan which sent the strongest of signals that stripped the Afghan government of any spine.

Reactions: bullfrog91
It is the Pottery Barn rule, if you break it, you own it. Biden owns it now. He is weak. This is a world-wide strategic defeat for the United States. Biden owns this defeat. This was done just in time for 9/11.

CNN has the best coverage on this. They asked what do we do now, moving forward? Petraeus said we have to pick up the pieces and rebuild our international reputation.

It is the Pottery Barn rule, if you break it, you own it. Biden owns it now. He is weak. This is a world-wide strategic defeat for the United States. Biden owns this defeat. This was done just in time for 9/11.
It was the loud mouth fat woman with the Orange hair who knocked the vase from from its perch immediately in front of Biden.That fat loud mouth Orange haired woman caused the entire domino effect of the entire collection to break.
The entire event was caught on CCTV.
The fat loud orange hair woman had left the store by the time the cops arrived but the CCTV provides clear evidence as to who caused the entire section of the store to crumble.

Last edited:
A few things can simultaneously be true:
  • Bad Orange Man made a bad deal.
  • Sleepy Joe could have torn up that bad deal because he's torn up most the rest of Bad Orange Man's Deals.
  • A plurality of Americans wanted our troops out of Afghanistan. If polled, a plurality of Americans would probably also want our troops out of Korea and a variety of other locations around the globe.
  • The execution of the withdrawal was bungled beyond belief. Whether that is owed the "Political Military Class" (which is a big problem) or Sleepy Joe wanting a big win before the 20th Anny of 9/11 ... or both ... is debatable. Sleepy Joe did say that the buck stopped with him (while proceeding to point a bunch of fingers). To say that our withdrawal would have gone this badly, no matter when or how it happened, is intellectually dishonest.
  • To expand on the previous point, withdrawing military before civilians is mind-numbingly stupid. Abandoning Bagram AFB and hard assets that we have on the ground to be left behind to the Taliban in mind-numbingly stupider. Not sure we can point the finger at Bad Orange Man on these decisions.
At our pace of withdrawal and the fact that there are 10,000+ Americans and many more allies behind Taliban lines, this is going to continue to play out over the coming weeks. I predict it will require us air dropping pallets of cash to get the last of our people out.

Keep digging 32, you will find the bottom of your hole sooner or later. Jimmy Carter is smiling.
Local- I suggest that you change the name of this topic to Afghan Capitulation. This will be a hot topic of discussion for years. Biden is now a one-term president, if that.

Biden's Afghan Capitulation is a major strategic defeat for the United States. Our enemies, namely China and Russia, are using this to destroy the country's credibility on the world stage.

Last edited:
This is disturbing stuff. How many more troops are we going to have to send in to get our people out of there?

Bob Menendez said:
“Our nation’s reputation is on the line and our whole government must be making every effort to achieve this objective,” he added. “There were clear policy execution and intelligence failures associated with our withdrawal and its aftermath.”

A Florida eye doctor convicted of defrauding Medicare of $73 million got a break when President Trump commuted the man’s sentence hours before vacating the White House.

The doctor, Salomon Melgen, age 66, received a 17-year sentence in 2018, which he has been serving at a federal prison in Miami, according to the Bureau of Prisons.

Melgen and Melendez are buddies from way back.Melgen and Melendez would regularly fly private to DR for weekend “socials” with the local flavor.

Last edited:
No denying Bob Menendez is an utter fool and a creep but it certainly is interesting that you are starting to hear some Democrats speak out like this.

No denying Bob Menendez is an utter fool and a creep but it certainly is interesting that you are starting to hear some Democrats speak out like this.
I also thought it was very telling that Leon Panetta was very critical of Joe Biden. I have been surprised that CNN has been the most critical of Pres. Biden. I frankly do not see how he recovers from this.

Jim Langevin (D), U.S. House of Representatives and House Armed Services Committee, has also been very critical of the President.
"This negligence was par for the course for the last U.S. administration. I am disappointed to see it now. At minimum, the Biden administration owed our Afghan allies of 20 years a real plan. They also owed it to our military service members and their families, particularly the men and women in uniform and their families who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Not to mention the women and girls of Afghanistan who are now experiencing a devastating new reality."

I also thought it was very telling that Leon Panetta was very critical of Joe Biden. I have been surprised that CNN has been the most critical of Pres. Biden. I frankly do not see how he recovers from this.
Hello, I'd like to introduce you to the Donald Trump presidency, which was 1,460 consecutive days of "I don't see how he recovers from this."

Reactions: Zeeter
Hello, I'd like to introduce you to the Donald Trump presidency, which was 1,460 consecutive days of "I don't see how he recovers from this."
Trump didn't recover. Biden's error is worse than any error by any other President since Kennedy and the Bay of Pigs invasion. This is a defeat for the US.

Not much you can do about a virus. If you recall EL, President Trump shut down travel from China and your boy Biden called him a racist for doing it. This Afghanistan issue is totally different because it is Biden's doing. It was his choice to withdraw the way he withdrew and it is an absolute disaster. Also, while talking about the virus, how about closing the border so you dont let thousands of infected people into the country. Again, this is a choice of Biden that is yet another disaster.

Joe Biden says there was no way to avoid the downfall and chaos. Biden chose this, now he says he does not know what happened.

"No, I don't think it could have been handled in a way that, we're gonna go back in hindsight and look -- but the idea that somehow, there's a way to have gotten out without chaos ensuing, I don't know how that happens. I don't know how that happened," Biden replied

Last edited:
Not much you can do about a virus. If you recall EL, President Trump shut down travel from China and your boy Biden called him a racist for doing it. This Afghanistan issue is totally different because it is Biden's doing. It was his choice to withdraw the way he withdrew and it is an absolute disaster. Also, while talking about the virus, how about closing the border so you dont let thousands of infected people into the country. Again, this is a choice of Biden that is yet another disaster.
Biden is not "my boy." Clearly he owns a big chunk of what has happened. But as with most things, it's not as simple as blaming one person for everything. There's 20 years of blame to go around here, and a lot of blame goes to the Afghan army. I have a nephew in the service stationed at the Kabul airport 20 feet from the Taliban right now, so this is personal for me too. I want him to come home safely.

As for the virus, it's pretty clear that had Trump not downplayed it for months on end, made stuff up about Fauci and his own medical advisors and generally acted like there was no need to wear masks or take precautions, a lot fewer people would have died. The people who still refuse to get vaccinated are largely Trump supporters. They are largely the reason new variants are able to form and spread here and why we're now entering yet another phase of this mess with variants that are able to restart the vaccines more frequently.

Immigrants are not the ones bringing covid here -- check out Florida and Texas, and pretty much every southern state. We should ban travel to those places, because they're doing nothing to take this seriously and it's affecting all of us.

It's also ironic to me that the people who are suddenly and publicly bemoaning the plight of the Afghans are the same ones who have wanted us out of there for years and who don't want us to accept any refugees. So which is it? We should rescue then but send them to some other country, or what?

Biden will be forever remembered as the Prez who had US allies jump from planes....without parachutes. Those images are haunting. They will never be forgotten. A stain on this country's international reputation and credibility.

What is frightening is with the $3.5 trillion reconciliation package in an already inflationary period, the Prez promises to do to the economy what he has already done for border security, energy independence, and Afghanistan....in a mere 7 months.

Immigrants are not the ones bringing covid here -- check out Florida and Texas, and pretty much every southern state. We should ban travel to those places, because they're doing nothing to take this seriously and it's affecting all of us.

It's also ironic to me that the people who are suddenly and publicly bemoaning the plight of the Afghans are the same ones who have wanted us out of there for years and who don't want us to accept any refugees. So which is it? We should rescue then but send them to some other country, or what?

Re: your first paragraph, how do you know that Central Americans flooding across the southern border are not bringing COVID in?

Regarding your second paragraph, if you can't see the difference between undocumented individuals flooding across our southern border ... and people that served as interpreters and providing other assistance to our military and state department members, perhaps even carrying a VISA, I'm not sure you have a particularly cogent argument.

Check out Jake Sullivan's resume and tell me how this guy found a way to job hop into shaping our Afghanistan policy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Sullivan

Listening to Milley and Austin Presser last night was not particularly reassuring. This Administration was supposed to be the one that made the 'chaos' go away.

ADVERTISEMENT