ADVERTISEMENT

Time to move on

FrontRoyalSpider

Team Manager
Jun 20, 2011
The win over the Lambs was wonderful! We need to get off of "Mt. Horeb" and focus on the remaining games. I would hate so see us "crap the bed" against The Explorers of LaSalle.

This post was edited on 2/3 7:40 PM by FrontRoyalSpider

Actually I have now moved. Won'f bring up Lambs again until February 25.

Just wondering how many of our posters know what important event took place on Mt. Horeb?

We aren't the players, we don't need to move on. I will move on Thursday night at 6:30. For now I am still savoring the guys beating Hack-Voc!!

This post was edited on 2/4 8:52 PM by SpiderK

In the good old days UR was affiliated with the Baptist General Association of Virginia and all students were required to take at least one religion course.

If the student took a course on the Old Testament, he or she probably learned that it was on Mt. Horeb that Moses received The Decalogue. (Ten Commandments) !

Originally posted by FrontRoyalSpider:

In the good old days UR was affiliated with the Baptist General Association of Virginia and all students were required to take at least one religion course.

If the student took a course on the Old Testament, he or she probably learned that it was on Mt. Horeb that Moses received The Decalogue. (Ten Commandments) !
I thought that was Mt. Sinai?

Thought Mt. Horeb was where Louisa lost 2006 basketball championship game

Now you did it.

Are we going to debate whether Horeb and Sinai are the same place? How many times each is mentioned? If they are the same place, which name came first, historically not literally?

Don't forget Mt. Paran. And FRS gets props for moving the conversation from the Lambs to the Explorers to the location - known by various names - where Moses received the Decalogue.

Moses Malone? Are we now talking about that place in Petersburg where Big Al Coleman taught Moses the inside game??

Originally posted by Hanca:
Thought Mt. Horeb was where Louisa lost 2006 basketball championship game
laugh.r191677.gif

Since this topic is going nowhere, I would like to commend Tim Hightower for the best shot at VCU we could possibly get this week. He's featured in a rehab story on their main website (vcu.edu) wearing a Spider shirt.

feature_back-in-the-game_desktop-90.jpg

Both pics great finds - perhaps MCV medicine couldn't find a Lamb who played professional football to feature? you think?

are we talking girl's soccer, debate club? just hope you or your kid was on that team.....

Originally posted by FrontRoyalSpider:
The win over the Lambs was wonderful! We need to get off of "Mt. Horeb" and focus on the remaining games. I would hate so see us "crap the bed" against The Explorers of LaSalle.

This post was edited on 2/3 7:40 PM by FrontRoyalSpider
incidently, Mt. Horeb WI is known as "The Troll Capital of the World". thought that was fitting as we're moving on from Broad Street.

Mt. Horeb and Mt. Sinai are the same place. My MDiv degree from The Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary often comes in handy.

FRS UR 1976 SEBTS 1979

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT