ADVERTISEMENT

Spider's final margin of victory over VCU

TBSpyder

Graduate Assistant
Sep 24, 2011
Like many who watched the game on TV, I thought the Spiders had won a 12 point victory, when Alonzo, made an uncontested dunk with 3 seconds left. Game over, Spider players began to walk off the court, coaches, were preparing to shake hands. TV left with that scene. So, it was weird seeing the final score reported, and we won by 9. VCU inbounded the ball, and a player attempted a 3, and made it. Doesn't change much, but it was bizarre, to have seen the game, and not known about the final score.

Not only did I miss Johnson's three, I nearly missed Zo's dunk because I was concentrating on the clock so hard.

Found the score when I looked up the play by play to see the 22-4 run.

interesting...I missed it to. Must've been because I was running around the house screaming and high fiving
my wife and daughter!

It really was bizarre. That three happened right in front of me, but I didnt see it. On the replay, they cut away while the ball was in the air and put up the final score of 64-52. Never seen that before.

I think the officials had to go to replay to make sure the ball was released in time to be counted. Since it would not effect the outcome the producers just ignored it. But it was weird when I saw the score later and it was a nine point win.

RPI was desperate to break into a double figure percentage on three point attempts since before that last undefended shot they were at 9.5% on 2 of 19 shooting.

FWIW, ESPN was trying desperately to get over to the UNI/Wichita game that was already in progress, so they started putting up credits and everything early and immediately cut to handshakes even as Johnson's three was in the air so they could sign off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT